Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Podcasts

Having completed the 7th Thing I have added the New York Times Book Review podcasts and Slate's Audio Book Club podcasts (an online magazine which I check because a friend's son, Seth Stevenson, is a wonderful journalist who writes for Slate) and because I like to travel I thought Rick Steves Audio Tours would be fun to listen to as well.

I never realized how many podcasts were out there and what resources there were for almost any topic imaginable.

I think that podcasting our annual VOYA author visits and in fact any author visits would be invaluable to students studying these authors. I have listened to SLJ's podcasts with children's authors and it brings them more personally into my life. I particularly remember an interview with Marcus Zusak whose book The Book Thief is narrated by dealth during WWII in Germany.

Louise

1 comment:

The Skokie Ten said...

I love Seth Stevenson's work! I have Slate in my RSS feeder. Those are some great ideas for the library, too.

Toby